VS Code plugin description
It is intended that most users operate with UTBot via its Visual Studio Code plugin. UTBot and its VS Code plugin communicate through gRPC protocol.
- Tests generation commands to VSCode Command Palette. UTBot can generate tests for:
- whole project
- line, i.e. generate a test that forces the execution to run through the selected code line (if such a test exists)
- assertion, i.e. generate test that fails selected assertion (if exists)
- output, i.e. generate a test that forces selected function to return a specific value (if exists).
- VSCode Lenses with actions for running a single test, all tests and test suite for one source file
- Icons in VSCode Side Bar, which show UTBot status
- VSCode Activity Bar item for selecting project sources and project targets
- UTBot extension settings for customizing UTBot behaviour.